Myanmar Visa For Us Citizens – Key Concepts
Every US citizen is privileged to have access to various countries some of which do not even require a visa to visit. However, obtaining a visa for a particular country may be very difficult if you are probably making your first visit to the country.
There are certain procedures you need to follow in order to obtain the visa. Some identification documents and as well as payments for the service offered are also required.
Myanmar is amongst these countries that require a visa to get access to the country and you, therefore, have to comply with the government laws of the land.
If you worried on how you could obtain a Myanmar visa, then you need to relax as this article take you through some of the key concepts regarding the electronic visa and how you could easily obtain it to gain access to the country.
- Requirements for Myanmar visa for US citizens
- Total costs required to process the visa
- Obtaining the Myanmar e-Visa
Requirements for Myanmar visa for US citizens
In order to obtain the Myanmar visa, there are some rules that need to be adhered to. This includes the possession of a valid US passport that is valid for at least 6 months beginning from the date of your entry into Myanmar.
You are also required to present 2 passport size photographs to the authorities processing your visa.
Total costs required to process the visa
Applying for an electronic visa to enter Myanmar calls for a service fee of $20 and $50 for obtaining the visa. This cost is fair enough depending on the services offered since you only take a short duration before the visa is fully processed and you are also not subjected to long procedures.
Obtaining the Myanmar e-Visa
Obtaining the e-Visa is definitely a simple process that takes the shortest as compared to the embassy procedures. If you need to get the Myanmar visa, then the best option is to make your application through the e-Visa website.
The method is highly preferred due to its simplicity and also faster to process.
Actually the longest time you could take to process the visa is a day, unlike the traditional way where you are required to make long ques as you wait to submit your documents and even wait for many days before you could receive your visa.
The following are the simple steps you can follow to obtain the Myanmar e-Visa.
- visit the Myanmar visa for US citizens website and click on the apply button.
- This will lead you directly to the application form where you are required to fill in some personal information based on your background, location and age among other issues. You also need to be careful to match the details as they appear in your passport. You need not to worry about the safety of your details since the agencies assure you of full security of your information and hence no third parties that are allowed to gain access to your details without your consent.
- After filling all the required information, you can now pay the required amount to allow the processing of this visa.
- Press the submit button if you have completed all the tasks.
The whole process only takes a few minutes and you only need some hours before you can receive your approval letter which will allow you to make your entry into Myanmar.
You will receive your E-Visa at the airport and you, therefore, need to carry the approval letter with you as well.
You realize that the process is quite simple and you have no choice but to try the electronic visa application option. It is fast and simple as well.
It is important to always remember to submit your current and a working email address so as to receive your approval letter.