The cost is the major consideration that determines if the trip to Cuba is worth it. how much is an e-Visa to Cuba? It’s better to do good research and also keep informed about the daily visa policies.
Since there are different methods of acquiring a Cuban visa, this makes the cost to be the primary concern of it all.
There are several ways as said and they include; getting the e-visa at the airline you intend to use, by the use of online platform services or visit a diplomatic mission, the cost of the visa is determined by the mentioned methods of acquiring the visa.
But in this article will are going to discuss majorly on the e-visa and its cost, but first, the process and requirements for applying for an e-Visa. so visiting the embassy is not an option for receiving an e-Visa.
According to the Cuban government, this option is available to all people apart from the 20 countries that are listed in the Cuban e-visa policy, that are required to visit the embassy to get their visa.
The e-visa service is for the tourists only.
This can be achieved by filling the online forms correctly providing the required materials and then making payment.
Though for Cuba the only material you provide is a passport. They don’t ask you to upload any documents. You fill the travel information with your personal details. The documents, however, will be required when you arrive in Cuba. So remember to carry them. The documents that you will be asked to provide once in Cuba include:
- A valid passport – this passport must be valid for 6 more months from the date one arrives in Cuba. Those whose don’t meet the required period will be asked to apply for a renewal.
- The travel insurance – this policy was introduced in 2010. For those who don’t have one are advised to apply for one before they depart for Cuba, the same applies when you arrive in Cuba.
- A tourist card – this card is sent to you via postal mail from the e-Visa department. If you are traveling with minors, they too are required to have their own tourist cards, for the Cuban government doesn’t allow minors to travel using their parents’ cards.
The process of applying is fast, simple, short and effective. One is required to fill a two-step application. However, the process does not take more than 10 minutes to complete.
The first step is to provide personal information with your travel details, one should the processing type and visa type. Bearing in mind these choices determine the cost of the e-Visa.
For the US citizens are given the option of USA tourist card, but all other eligible candidates are provided with the option of an international tourist card.
Those eyeing to use the e-Visa option for a Cuban visa, are provided with the three options mentioned above. These three options differ in price depending on the agency at which one needs the e-Visa.
The prices are:
• For the standard processing time will be required to pay USD 110 and takes 3 – 5 business days to process
• For the rush processing option costs USD 130 taking 2 – 3 business days
• The super rush takes one business day and costs USD 150
All these fees mentioned above are inclusive of shipping cost. The visa cost is the same but the e-Visa increases from one stage to next.