In recent years, Canada has become an attractive destination for both tourists and immigrants. The incredible quality of life, an excellent economy, the good treatment of citizens and the facilities to visit the country are some of the good points that make this place so attractive as a destination, in addition to the number of incredible experiences that can be lived in these Canada’s beautiful landscapes. It is not surprising that people in Mexico are curious to visit a country like this that is relatively close, belonging to the same continent.
Canada and Mexico have recently shared a close relationship, being strategic partners in North America, collaborating in social, economic and, of course, tourism, opening possibilities for citizens of both countries to move freely between one and the other without encountering many difficulties, thus promoting eco-friendly tourism.
In the past it was necessary for Mexicans to apply for eTA visa in order to travel to Canada, but this is no longer necessary since if you plan to go being a tourist and not be long in the country, just by processing an Eta or electronic Travel authorization, you can visit the country without any complications. It is important to clarify that Eta Canada for Mexican citizens is only for travel since if you want to work or study, other different authorizations must be processed.
Read us to find out how easy it is to get an Eta to travel to Canada.
Requirements for Mexican citizens to obtain a Canadian eTA
The Eta is an authorization that is required when entering Canada as a tourist, only when entering by air. With the current eTA, it is possible to travel to Canada as many times as you want for short periods of stay, which can be authorized for up to six months at each visit. The eTA is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until the expiration of your passport (whichever comes first). The eTA costs 49 EUR Canadian dollars. The requirements to request it are the following:
- Valid passport.
- Credit or debit card
Although these requirements are not exclusive, since if deemed necessary, migrations may request additional information. Among them are also some generalities to enter the country.
- Passport is valid for at least 6 months at the time of entry and until the date, your trip ends.
- Not having a serious health problem that could compromise your stay in the country.
- Not have a criminal record or immigration offenses.
- Have family, work and / or financial ties in the place of origin that will allow you to demonstrate your intention to return to your country of origin in case you have not previously processed work or study permits.
- Have enough money to stay in the country
- All travelers, regardless of nationality, must satisfy the immigration formalities established by the Canadian government and make the customs declaration of the goods and / or values that they intend to introduce to the country, otherwise, they will not be able to enter.
In addition, it should be taken into account that the Canadian government may deny entry to the country for the following reasons:
- If the person who intends to enter represents a risk to the security of the country.
- If the person who intends to enter has committed human rights violations or serious crimes.
- If this person has a criminal or criminal record, including being convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If the person has lied in the application for admission or during the interview.
- If the person who intends to enter the country has links to organized crime.
- If the person who intends to enter has serious health and / or financial problems.
- If the intended person has falsified documents.
- You have breached the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act of Canada.
- Has an inadmissible relative.
- You have exceeded your allowed time to stay in Canada.
Process of getting eTA to Canada
After knowing the generalities for entering the country and the circumstances that could prevent your entry into the country, you should know that the process of obtaining the Eta is really simple, and you can request it from the Canadian government website. You just have to fill out a form and you will receive a response to your request in a matter of hours. Canada transit visa processing time
Traveling to Canada
You already know that traveling to Canada as a Mexican citizen is not very difficult. This is a beautiful country that strengthens strong ties with Mexico, leaving the doors open for Mexicans to enter and to recreate themselves in its beautiful landscapes and imposing cities, so don’t wait any longer, process your Eta and travel soon to Canada.